In November of 2010, J was able to get some nice rocks for free from an area near his folks house. I believe it was a hillside that had been cleared out. J got a large truckload. The same volume of rocks, if you had purchased them from a garden center, would have been close to a thousand dollars. Rock is not cheap.
Anyway, we ended up using these rocks to demarcate where the yard meets the woods. For whatever reason I didn't help J with this yard project. My guess it was still in the time of morning sickness, which for me was all day long.
This Spring I noticed the English ivy and weeds were overtaking the line of rocks. In some parts of the yard you could barely see them.
So I made it my project to deweed. It was something I could do a little at a time, with Ian close by in either the walker or his play yard.
After about 5 feet it dawned on me how much effort J must have put into laying these rocks down. He fit them together like puzzle pieces.
I mean, good gravy - look at that! I said something to him about this, and I just got a little smile. I don't think I would have had the patience or the skill to do that. Hats off to you, J. It looks really awesome. I'm sorry I didn't notice before! I had to pay a lot of attention to how one was laying before I moved it to clean out around it.
It took me a couple of weeks but I was able to get it all cleaned up!